Chicken wings certainly do not need to be deep fried to get a beautiful crispy outside skin, as these Baked Buffalo Wings can attest to.
Chicken wings are a staple at any sporting party, whether you are tailgating at your favorite college football game or entertaining at your home. These wings will not mess up your kitchen or your house because they are baked, not fried. They come out crispy every time.
TIP! Be sure to line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray to make clean up a breeze!
Serve immediately or at room temperature with your favorite dipping sauce and a side of celery and carrots.Print
FOR THE DREDGE:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot sauce
- 20 chicken wings
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a Ziploc bag, and shake to mix.
- Add 5- 10 chicken wings and toss until well coated.
- Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and repeat until all wings are coated.
- Place into the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 45 minutes.
- Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Serving Size: 4 (5 wings each)