These fried party raviolis couldn’t be more simple or more economical to make. They are perfect for all seasons, including summer.
Frozen ravioli are battered and quickly pan fried to create a tasty bite sized finger food. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and serve with marinara sauce.
- 1½ pound bag frozen ravioli (beef is most common, but cheese or specialty ravioli such as spinach and cheese or butternut squash is also delicious!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Marinara sauce
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and eggs together.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, and pepper together.
- Dip each ravioli in the milk mixture and then press into the bread crumbs, coating both sides of the ravioli well. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, fill a deep pot with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, place several ravioli in the oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate or pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm along with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 1