Get ready for meatball madness with our #1 Baked Meatball Recipe! Packed with ground beef and pork (or turkey for the lighter version), these meaty delights are seasoned to perfection with a blend of Italian herbs and spices. Just pop ’em in the oven, and in no time, you’ll have a batch of deliciously browned, tender meatballs that are perfect for pairing with your favorite pasta sauce or stashing in the freezer for future cravings.
The Meatball Odyssey
Legend has it that meatballs have been around since ancient times. Picture this: A curious caveman decides to shape leftover mammoth meat into small, round morsels, roasts them over an open flame, and voilà – the world’s first meatball! Well, maybe it didn’t happen exactly like that, but you get the idea.
Ingredients To Make Fabulous Meatballs:
- Breadcrumbs: These trusty crumbs serve as the meatball’s breadcrumbs back home, holding everything together in a tight, delicious embrace.
- Eggs: The eggs are the meatball’s glue, ensuring that each bite stays perfectly intact.
- Milk: Milk adds a touch of creaminess to the mix.
- Worcestershire sauce: Worcestershire sauce steps in as the secret ingredient, infusing your meatballs with an umami kick that’ll have you wondering why you didn’t add it to everything sooner.
- Garlic: Garlic, the flavor champion of the culinary world.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese brings that cheesy charm to your meatballs.
- Herbs & Spices: The herbs and spices like oregano, basil, and parsley, dance their way into your meatballs.
How to BAKE Meatballs:
Full Printable recipe & instructions below
- Meatball Mash: In a large bowl, combine the ground meats with breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, pressed garlic, Parmesan cheese, and oregano, basil, and parsley.
- The Seasonings: Sprinkle in onion powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to ensure that each meatball is perfectly seasoned.
- Get Handsy – Alright, folks, it’s time to get down and dirty with your meatballs – and I mean that in the most delicious way possible! Put on your culinary gloves because we’re about to dive headfirst into the meatball mixing extravaganza. Grab that bowl filled with your ground beef and pork, and plunge your hands right in. Gently mix and combine the meat between your fingers. No need for a strong grip here – we want these meatballs to be tender and lovingly made.
- Shape It Up: Now, it’s time to shape those meatballs. Grab a scoop of the mixture, roll it gently between your palms, and voilà – meatball magic!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on their size to ensure they cook evenly. Once they’re beautifully browned and no pink remains in the center, we know they’re ready to be devoured.
These meatballs are versatile, my friends. You can serve them as an appetizer, nestled on a platter with toothpicks for easy snacking. Or, you can elevate them into a meal by adding them to your favorite pasta dish, simmering them in a flavorful tomato sauce, or even using them as a topping for a MOUTHWATERING MEATBALL SUB.
Customize Your Culinary Adventure:
Meatballs are like a blank canvas for flavor. Here are some tips on how to customize this recipe to suit your taste:
- Herbs: Experiment with different herbs to elevate the flavor profile. Consider rosemary for a woodsy aroma, thyme for earthiness, or cilantro for a fresh twist.
- Spice It Up: If you crave a bit of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the mixture. For a smoky kick, try a dash of smoked paprika.
- Cheese Choices: While Parmesan is the star here, you can explore other cheese options like sharp cheddar, asiago, or pecorino romano for a cheesy adventure.
- Meat Medley: Don’t limit yourself to just beef and pork. Ground turkey, chicken, or even lamb can bring unique flavors to your meatballs.
- Breadcrumbs Variations: Swap traditional breadcrumbs for panko for an extra crispy texture. You can even experiment with gluten-free breadcrumbs if you have dietary preferences.
- Flavorful Fillings: Consider adding surprises to the center of your meatballs, like a cube of mozzarella or a slice of jalapeño for a burst of flavor.
- Sauce Selection: While these meatballs are delicious on their own, you can pair them with a variety of sauces. Try classic marinara, creamy Alfredo, or even a tangy BBQ sauce.
Now that you’re a certified meatball maestro, go forth and conquer the world with your savory spheres of deliciousness. Remember, whether you’re whipping up a batch for a family dinner or an epic meatball showdown with friends, the key ingredients are always love, laughter, and a healthy dose of deliciousness.
So, gather your ground meats, roll up your sleeves, and let’s create meatball memories that’ll have everyone saying, “These are the best damn meatballs I’ve ever had!”
Let’s Stay Connected!🎉📩
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Lb. Ground Pork (or Turkey)
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ – 1 Cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic, pressed
- ½ Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ Cup Fresh Italian herbs, finely chopped (oregano, basil, and/or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and pork until well combined
- Add all other ingredients and mix until well combined, but don’t overmix
- Using a cookie dough or ice cream scoop, divide mixture into meatballs, roll in your hands to form a nice ball and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on size of meatball, until browned and no pink remains in center
- Remove from oven and serve with favorite pasta sauce, or freeze for later use
The cooking time will vary depending on meatball size. Cocktail meatballs can take as little as 15 minutes, while the larger ones can take up to 30 minutes.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The provided nutritional information is an estimate and can vary based on ingredient brands and quantities. For precise details, consult a registered dietitian or use a nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1 meatball (based on 24 yield)
- Calories: 70-80
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 120-140 mg
- Fat: 5-6 gr
- Saturated Fat: 2-3 gr
- Carbohydrates: 2-3 gr
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 4-5 gr
- Cholesterol: 10-15 mg