The only thing better than a creamy cup of eggnog? Chewy eggnog sugar cookies that are as light as snow!
This recipe transforms the classic holiday drink into a delightful snack you can have with a cup of coffee or tea, a scoop of ice cream, cream cheese frosting, or just enjoying them solo.
The enticing aroma and flavor of rum combined with eggnog, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract will blow your taste buds away, even if you’re not a huge fan of eggnog.
Have kids? Get them involved in decorating the cookies with some icing or sprinkles. It’s a great way to start a fun new Christmas tradition that involves the whole family.
These delightful eggnog sugar cookies are the perfect treat to impress everyone at the next cookie swap or to hand as gifts to your loved ones.Print
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 Large Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Rum extract (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until light and cream.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until combined. Add the vanilla, rum extract (if using) and eggnog and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix again until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls and place on the baking sheets. Remember they will spread as they bake so don’t place them too close.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. Do not let them brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for a couple minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For a little more flavor, try adding 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg to the batter.
- Serving Size: 1