COME ON! Take one look at these adorable Rudolph the Reindeer cupcakes and your heart will fill with joy!
These super moist cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor, both in the cupcakes and the chocolate ganache frosting.
We are going to show you how to get the moistest fluffiest cupcakes. Just follow our lead.
- You are going to need 2 bowls, 1 whisk and and 1 spatula. What creates a moist cupcake is OIL, not butter. So leave the mixer in the drawer. There will be no creaming of butter and sugar today.
- Another key component is the addition of buttermilk. If you do not have buttermilk handy, simply pour ½ cup of whole milk into a glass measuring cup and add 1 Tablespoon vinegar. Allow it to ‘sour’ for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in one bowl and slowly add the dry ingredients. Use the spatula to combine. Add a little buttermilk, stir, a little more dry, stir, a little buttermilk … you get the idea. Do not overmix.
- Fill the liners half way and bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
The fun part comes with the addition of the reindeer parts. Make the antlers by melting some chocolate and placing it in a Ziploc bag. Snip a very small corner off, you can always snip more if it’s too small, and pipe an ‘antler’ onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make 24 of these reindeer antlers as there will be 12 cupcakes.
Once the cupcakes are cooled and frosted, the antlers and eyes are set in the ganache making these the cutest reindeer cupcakes.Print
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Unsweetened NATURAL Cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable oil
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
FOR THE ANTLERS:
- 3 Tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING:
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- Edible Eye candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl
- until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently
- whisk for a few seconds. Repeat until combined. The batter will be thin.
- Spoon the batter into the liners and fill only halfway.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE ANTLERS:
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on power 7 for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer to a sealable plastic bag. Snip off a very small corner and pipe 24 antlers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the tray in the fridge for 15 mins or until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting and either place it in a Ziploc bag, snip the corner and pipe onto the cupcake or use a butter knife to frost the cupcakes. Arrange the antlers and edible eyes on the cupcakes. Use red M&Ms to make the nose.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE HOLIDAY DESSERTS:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST so you don’t miss a thing!