Cheeseburger sliders are nothing new. But these sliders are different. They begin with soft, buttery Hawaiian dinner rolls, ground beef seasoned with a few Mexican spices, diced tomatoes and gooey melted cheese.
The glaze is the crowning jewel for these little hand held bundles of yumminess. Melted butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard make the most delectable glaze.
To prepare them the night before, cook and season the meat and add the tomatoes. Refrigerate until ready to use and continue with recipe.Print
FOR THE MEAT:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 12 Slices of Cheese
- 12 Dinner rolls (such as Hawaiian)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy or Sesame Seeds
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Coat 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over med/high heat. Half way through season with about ½ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper. Add the cumin, chili powder, mustard powder and garlic.
- Stir in drained tomatoes.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan over medium heat and stir until melted.
- Place the bottom half of buns in the pan and top them with the beef & and slice of cheese. Place the other half of the bun on top.
- Pour the glaze all over the buns.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1