These fall off the bone honey buffalo wings are a snap to make. They slowly cook in the slow cooker in a honey buffalo sauce, tenderizing the chicken, while keeping it moist and tender.
The wings can be made ahead of time and kept warm and when it’s game time, simply toss them onto a hot grill or under the broiler to crisp them up. .
How to Make Honey Buffalo Wings:
Full printable recipe below
- Pat the wings completely dry – don’t skip this step!
- Sprinkle the wings with the spice dry rub and place them in the slow cooker along with our homemade special honey buffalo sauce.
- Cook for a few hours until the wings are done.
- Reduce the remaining sauce in the slow cooker on the stove with some cornstarch to make a thick, tangy BBQ sauce.
- When ready to serve, apply a nice coating of BBQ sauce on the wings and either finish them off by grilling or placing them under the broiler.
- An average slow cooker can easily accommodate a 4lb bag of wings. Just be sure to double the sauce ingredients.
- Serve these alongside our SIMPLE Baked Macaroni and Cheese for a great combination!
- 1 tsp Sea Salt salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
HONEY BUFFALO SAUCE:
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 pkg (2.5 lbs) Frozen Chicken Wings, completely thawed and patted dry
- Sprinkle the wings with some of the spice dry rub. Rub the spice into each wing.
- Place the wings in the slow cooker and pour the sauce ingredients over the wings, toss gently.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 – 2 ½ hours for 2.5 lbs of wings, up to 3 hours for 4 lbs.
- Remove the wings from the slow cooker.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the sauce from the slow cooker and pour into a small saucepan over medium heat, reserve a Tablespoon or two into a small bowl. Add ¼ cup Buffalo sauce.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch to the reserved liquid and whisk until there are no lumps. Pour this into the saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook for approx. 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Finish cooking the wings by brushing them with some of the Honey BBQ sauce and either placing them on a baking sheet and broiling them or placing them on a hot grill until caramelized.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks.
Wings must be patted completely dry before spice rub can be applied.
- Serving Size: 1