- 1½ pound bag frozen ravioli (beef is most common, but cheese or specialty ravioli such as spinach and cheese or butternut squash is also delicious!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Marinara sauce
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and eggs together.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, and pepper together.
- Dip each ravioli in the milk mixture and then press into the bread crumbs, coating both sides of the ravioli well. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, fill a deep pot with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, place several ravioli in the oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate or pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm along with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 1