If you like trying new recipes using seasonal produce, then you are going to love making these flavorful cranberry walnut muffins this winter! They’re super moist, yet tender, and are chock-full of tart cranberry flavor and walnuts.
The sweet streusel on top gives these muffins just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the tartness of the cranberries.
Add a drizzle of a quick powdered sugar and milk glaze, and you’ll be in muffin heaven!
Not only are these muffins a fantastic anytime treat, they pair perfectly with a steaming cup of coffee or hot chocolate on a cold morning.
They also make a fantastic homemade gift for your neighbors and loved ones during the holidays.
How to Make Cranberry Walnut Muffins
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the batter by combining flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon with oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Fold in cranberries and chopped walnuts, then divide the batter into your muffin liners.
- Make a quick streusel by combining sugar, flour, softened butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the muffin batter, then bake.
A few tips for making these muffins:
- You can use whatever nuts you like. If you don’t want to use walnuts, consider trying chopped pecans.
- Feel free to omit the nuts altogether if you prefer. These muffins will taste delicious either way.
- Fill the muffin liners 2/3-3/4 full for best results. Otherwise, you may end up with overflowing batter.
- You’ll know that the muffins are done baking when a toothpick inserted into the middles comes out clean. 18-22 minutes should do the trick.
To top these delectable bites off, whisk together some powdered sugar and milk, then drizzle it over the finished muffins. Not only will the glaze add an extra touch of creamy sweetness to these cranberry walnut muffins, it’ll make for a beautiful presentation, too!Print
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the vegetable oil, eggs, milk and vanilla extract and beat, on medium speed, for 5 minutes or until the batter is shiny.
- Add the walnuts and cranberries and fold to incorporate.
- Divide the batter between the muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, prepare the streusel by combining the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are delicious with or without nuts. Try walnuts or pecans.
A simple icing can be drizzled on top of the cooled muffins by combining powdered sugar and a little milk.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE BREAKFAST/BRUNCH RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!