Fizzy, frothy, and oh-so delicious, these sparkling champagne margaritas are the perfect treat to celebrate Christmas, New Year, or Happy Hour at home!
The holidays call for something bubbly and extra delicious. Of course, there are different variations of this margarita drink, but none of them hold a candle to the elegant simplicity of this classic champagne margarita.
There are no fancy spices, exotic fruits, or syrups – just some tequila, Triple sec, champagne, and some freshly squeezed lime juice. That’s right! You only need 4 ingredients to make these sparkling champagne margaritas that deserve to be on your holiday menu.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ELEGANT CHAMPAGNE MARGARITA:
Printable recipe below
- For this margarita recipe, you can use either a tall high ball glass or margarita glasses. Just don’t forget to garnish the rim with some homemade margarita mix. It adds a burst of flavor that’s a total palate pleaser.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Shake, strain and pour until the glass is ¾ full.
- Top with some bubbly champagne or Proseco and serve immediately.
NOTE: Both simple syrup and margarita mix are ready available in local stores. However to make your drinks as special as can be we suggest making both ahead of time by following the instructions in the recipe card.Print
- ½ Cup Tequila
- ¼ Cup Freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Triple Sec
- Simple syrup*
- Champagne or Proseco
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Shake until chilled (about 30 seconds).
- Strain the shaker into the champagne flute until ¾ full.
- Top with champagne and serve immediately.
Try rimming the glass with a homemade margarita mix. Combine ¼ cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon of lime zest. Dip the rim of the glass in water or lime juice followed by margarita mix.
Simple syrup is made by combining equal parts sugar and water together and heating in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to use. We suggest 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water for this recipe. Add 2-3 Tablespoons to the cocktail shaker to start. Add more if desired.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE DRINK RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!