If you’re looking for a fun & festive appetizer for your holiday table, then look no further! This caramelized nut pinecone cheeseball is not only delicious, it’s fun to make too. This is a cheeseball that is sure to wow your loved ones.
This isn’t just any old run-of-the-mill cheeseball! It starts with a simple cream cheese base that gets filled with the most divine caramelized nut mixture.
How to Caramelize the Nuts:
- You’ll start by combining your choice of nuts (pecans, almonds, and walnuts are all great options) with brown sugar, water, and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for a few minutes until the wet ingredients have come together to create a sweet & sticky caramel coating on the nuts.
- After the caramelized nuts have cooled, simply give them a fine chop and allow them to continue to cool .
How to Make a Pinecone Cheeseball:
Full printable recipe below
- Place the cream cheese and the caramelized nuts in a bowl and mix together until the nuts are well-incorporated.
- Place the cheeseball mixture on a piece of plastic wrap, then cover and shape into a pinecone shape.
- Finally, stick slivered almonds into the cheeseball in the pattern of a pinecone’s scales, moving in a circular manner starting at the bottom of the cheeseball.
- Refrigerate your pinecone cheeseball until you’re ready to serve it. Serve it on a decorative plate surrounded with an assortment of crackers or breadsticks, and dig in.
Anyone can make a cheeseball that is shaped like a pinecone, but what sets this appetizer apart is the unexpected sweet, sticky flavor that comes from caramelizing the nuts. This pinecone cheeseball is the perfect addition to any holiday appetizer spread!Print
SIMPLE Pinecone Cheeseball with Caramelized Almonds
- 1 Cup Nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds – or a mixture)
- ¼ Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1/Tablespoon Butter, unsalted
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- Sliced almonds
- Add the nuts, brown sugar, water, and butter to a non-stick skillet. Place the skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture starts clumping and is glossy. Stir occasionally to make sure all nuts are coated.
- Transfer the nuts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread them on a single layer. Let them cool completely.
- Finely chop the nuts using a sharp knife or pulse in a small food processor until fine.
- Mix the cream cheese and the chopped nuts in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover the mixture and begin shaping it into the shape of a pinecone.
- Starting from the thinner side of the pinecone, place the sliced almonds in a circle as shown above.
- Keep refrigerated until serving and serve alongside crackers or breadsticks.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE APPETIZER RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!