Not a baker? Don’t have time to make labor intensive donuts from scratch?
We like to keep things simple around here, so some of the recipes you will find are ‘semi’ homemade. What does that mean? It means using commercially available convenience food, which is then customized with fresh ingredients for a more personal touch.
Take these donuts, for instance.
Plain old, boring store bought donuts are dipped in a delicious chocolate glaze. They are then topped with chocolate shavings, resulting in an irresistible treat with minimal effort.
- 6 Plain Donuts
- 2.5 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Cold brewed coffee
- Chocolate bar, for shavings
- Whisk the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk and coffee until smooth.
- Dip the donuts into the frosting and let excess drip off.
- Place the donut on a piece of parchment paper, continue until done.
- Grate a chocolate bar using a cheese grater on top of the icing of each donut.
- Serving Size: 1