It was back in the 1920s when Fernand Petiot mixed up equal parts of tomato juice and vodka that the first Bloody Mary was invented. The patrons said it was a little bland so he added some lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco to ramp up the spice.
Another patron suggested he call the drink “Bloody Mary.” He said it reminded him of the Bucket of Blood Club in Chicago, and a girl he knew there named Mary.
80 years later and Bloody Mary’s have become the quintessential Brunch drink ! The beautiful thing about them is they are totally customizable. While one of your guests might prefer a milder drink another can kick it up a few notches by seasoning it with a savory, hot and spicy ingredient.
Top this thirst quenching drink off with celery, olives, lemon slices, asparagus, even bacon and shrimp and your brunch will be one to be remembered !Print
- 2 oz Good Quality Vodka
- 4 oz Tomato Juice
- 2 oz Clamato Juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- lemon slices
GARNISHES: celery, lemon, lime, olives, asparagus, bacon, shrimp, carrots, cherry tomatoes
- Rub the rim of the glass with the lemon and dip the rim into the celery salt until its fully coated.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a shaker and fill it with ice
- Shake until its combined and cold
- Strain into the glass and garnish
- Serving Size: 1
Bloody Mary not your thing? Try our Mimosas instead!