Craving something sweet in the middle of the week? Or looking for the perfect dessert to show your love? Then this creamy chocolate mousse bomb is the perfect individual dessert for a birthday or even Valentine’s Day.
This recipe is pretty straight forward. Melt some chocolate and coat the semi sphere silicon mold with it. Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the molds and twist the chocolate sphere out. Fill it up with some delicious light and fluffy mousse and top it with raspberries and caramel sauce.
Now we’re pretty sure you know us by now – we like to keep things pretty simple around here, so this decadent dessert uses instant vanilla mousse. You can leave it vanilla if you choose, however, by adding some melted chocolate to the mousse you can create a delicious chocolate version as well.
Undoubtedly delicious, this decadent chocolate and raspberry treat is perfect to share on Valentine’s Day or when you’re alone binge watching Netflix in your jammies.
Pretty, velvety, and sweet, this chocolate mousse bomb will be love at first bite!
If you REALLY want to make this special, make your own salted caramel sauce to drizzle on top. We show you how to make the thickest, lip smacking caramel on the planet step by step here.Print
SIMPLE Chocolate Bomb with Chocolate Mousse, Caramel and Raspberries
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 Chocolate Spheres 1x
- 1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Pkg. Instant Mousse mix (vanilla)
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 4 Tbsp Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup Fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Caramel sauce (or make your own!)
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE SPHERE:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt ½ cup of chocolate chips for 30 seconds on power 7. Stir and repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Spoon a small amount into the mold and, quickly using a food paintbrush, spread the chocolate evenly around the mold, making sure to get all the way up to the edges.
- Allow the chocolate to harden by placing the mold in the freezer to quickly harden. Repeat layering on more chocolate until you have done 3 layers.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently twist the chocolate sphere out. Even out the half circle on a warm pan so that the tops are not ragged and are evened out.
TO MAKE THE MOUSSE:
- Prepare the mousse by combining with the milk. Whisk well. Melt the remaining 4 Tbsp chocolate chips in the microwave and add to the mousse. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Place the mousse in the freezer for 10 min. Using a pipping bag, place mousse into the bag and pipe into the chocolate cups.
- Garnish with berries and drizzle with caramel sauce on top.
The sphere(s) need to be frozen in between layers. Do NOT melt all the chocolate at once or it will harden and become unusable. Only melt as much as you will need per layer.
To make this dessert even more decadent, try sautéing the raspberries down in a little sugar over low heat until the raspberries soften and a thick juice forms.
- Serving Size: 1