TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE SPHERE:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for 30 seconds on power 7. Stir and repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Spoon a small amount into the mold and, quickly using a food paintbrush, spread the chocolate evenly around the mold, making sure to get all the way up to the edges.
- Allow the chocolate to harden by placing the mold in the freezer to quickly harden. Repeat layering on more chocolate until you have done 3 layers.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently twist the chocolate sphere out. Even out the half circle on a warm pan so that the tops are not ragged and are evened out.
TO MAKE THE MOUSSE:
- Prepare the mousse by combining with the milk. Whisk well. Melt the remaining 4 Tbsp chocolate chips in the microwave and add to the mousse. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Place the mousse in the freezer for 10 min. Using a pipping bag, place mousse into the bag and pipe into the chocolate cups.
- Garnish with berries and drizzle with caramel sauce on top.
The sphere(s) need to be frozen in between layers. Do NOT melt all the chocolate at once or it will harden and become unusable. Only melt as much as you will need per layer.
To make this dessert even more decadent, try sautéing the raspberries down in a little sugar over low heat until the raspberries soften and a thick juice forms.
- Serving Size: 1