These hot cocoa cookies feature homemade hot cocoa mix, chocolate chips, and tiny chunks of marshmallows, making it one of the most irresistible and gooey cookies you’ve ever had.
Yes. They’re THAT good!
Here’s what you’ll need to do to make this wintertime favorite:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until the consistency of the mix turns fluffy. If you would like to learn the proper way to cream butter and sugar together, just click here.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until everything is well combined.
- Add the dry mixture and beat together.
- Time to incorporate the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Scoop the dough by using a cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon and place on the baking sheet and bake.
These irresistible hot cocoa cookies are perfect for the winter holidays but there’s no reason you can’t have them all year round! And if you want the full chocolate experience, pair them up with this speedy homemade Hot Chocolate recipe you can make in 5 minutes.
- 1 ⅓ Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Hot Cocoa Mix
- ½ Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ Cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup Chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet
- ½ Cup marshmallow bits
- Preheat an oven to 350° F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and hot cocoa mix.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add dry mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Scoop dough using a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on a wire baking rack to cool and continue until the batter is gone.
- Serving Size: 1