Chocolate and peanut butter are the ultimate combination. Rich and creamy chocolate combined with smooth, salty peanut butter – it’s one of lifes greatest pleasures.
And sure, you can go buy a Reese’s at the store, but why not make an entire batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars all for yourself?
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Full Printable recipe and instructions below
Begin by combining smooth peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar and graham crackers. Press firmly into a sprayed 9×13 pan (or if you want them thicker use a 9×9 pan). Smooth it by using the back of a spatula.
Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a bowl and melt in the microwave until smooth. Pour it over the bars and chill for at least 2 hours.
These chocolate peanut bars are ready in mere minutes, so it would probably take you longer to get to the store and back with that Reese’s then it would to just make these!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ Cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 Cups graham cracker crumbs (10–12 whole crackers)
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ Cup peanut butter
- 1 Cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Butter bottom and sides of a 13×9 pan (or square pan if you want the bars thicker)
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy
- Press mixture into prepared pan
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips and heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating 10 seconds at a time until the chips are almost melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- Spread evenly over peanut butter bars
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or until firm
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before cutting
- Serve chilled
- Store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 1 week
- Serving Size: 1
Still craving some more peanut butter and chocolate?
Then you’ll go nuts for these Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter cookies!