Is there anything more appropriate on St. Patrick’s day than a green-colored cocktail? These boozy Jello cups are a fun and tasty twist on Jello shots that is perfect for your March festivities!
How to Make Boozy Jello Cups:
Don’t let these fancy-looking libations intimidate you – this recipe is easy as…well, Jello! All you need is green gelatin mix, whipped topping, water, vodka, and a few hours of fridge time.
Stemless wine glasses are the perfect sized vessel to hold these layered Jello shot-inspired treats.
- Begin by mixing the Jello according to the package directions for the first layer. After pouring the prepared gelatin into the bottom of the glasses, refrigerate them for about 2 hours or until completely set.
- The second layer to our boozy Jello concoction is a creamy mixture of gelatin, Vodka, and whipped cream, refrigerated for another 2 hours. The last layer is simply a repeat of the first layer.
- After all three layers of your Jello and vodka cups are set, finish them off by topping them with whipped cream and some green and gold sprinkles just before serving for the extra St. Patrick’s day flare.
What Flavor Jello Should I Use?
You can use either apple or lime-flavored Jello mix to get those gorgeous green layers – it’s your choice! Create a different flavor for each layer, or make one of each allowing your guests to pick.
We’re certain that these boozy St. Patrick’s Day Jello cups will be the star of the show for your celebration!Print
SIMPLE St. Pat’s Jello Cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 Jello Cups 1x
These simple. yet fun and festive, Jello cups have a middle layer of booze in them resembling a Jello shot, but bigger and topped with whipped cream!
- 3 Packages Green Jello (lime or apple)
- 1 (8 oz) package Cool whip
- 6 Cups water (3 cups boiling, 2 cups cold)
- ¾ Cup Vodka (lime flavored works well)
- Combine one package of Jello with one cup of boiling water in a large bowl. Whisk until the jello has fully melted. Whisk in one cup of cold water. Carefully pour the mixture into your serving cups, filling each one about ¼ of the way full. Transfer the cups to the fridge until they have fully set, approx. 2 hours.
- Once the first layer has set, combine another package of Jello with only ¼ – ½ cup of boiling water PLUS the flavored vodka. Whisk until combined. Add one cup of cold water and half of the cool whip (4 ounces). Whisk until combined. Carefully pour the Jello over the first layer, filling the cup up to ½ full. Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill for another 2 hours.
- Once the second layer has set, place the last package of Jello in a large bowl and whisk in one cup of boiling water. Once the Jello has dissolved, whisk in the last cup of cold water. Carefully pour the Jello into the cups, filling them about ¾ of the way full. Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill for another 2 hours.
- Before serving, top the Jello cups with the remaining cool whip and garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Serve chilled. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.