Good day Foodies! Today, we’re taking a different path to chili greatness—one that’s all about keeping it simple, delicious, and oh-so-convenient. We’re diving into “Simple Party Food’s Dump ‘n Go Slow Cooker Chili,” where we’re skipping the stovetop fuss and going straight for flavor-packed chili goodness.
So, grab your slow cooker, ’cause we’re about to make some magic happen without the extra steps.
Slow Cooker vs. Stovetop Chili – Which one is better?
You know what? Some folks say, “Hey, you gotta brown that meat and sizzle those onions on the stovetop to get real chili flavor.” And we get it – stovetop chili has its own charm – that sizzling meat, the tantalizing aroma in the kitchen, it’s like a culinary dance. And trust us, we’ve made our fair share of stovetop chili, too.
But here’s the deal – slow cookers, they’ve got their own kind of magic. If you’re in the mood for a hands-on, stovetop cooking experience, go for it. But don’t count out the slow cooker, because it’s a kitchen wizard of convenience. You toss in your ingredients, hit the switch, and let it do its thing. It’s a flavor journey that’s all about patience, melding those flavors together like a symphony. The result? Meat so tender, it practically falls apart on your spoon, and it’s soaked up all those spices and flavors along the way.
So, whether you’re Team Stovetop or Team Slow Cooker, remember, both methods can give you a killer bowl of chili. It’s all about what suits your style and schedule and today it’s all about HANDS OFF chili magic.
How To Make Dump ‘n Go Chili
Step 1: Dump It All In
Grab your trusty slow cooker and toss in that lean ground beef. No need for the stovetop because we’re keepin’ it simple, remember?
Step 2: Mix It Up
Now, add those diced onions and chopped celery right in with the beef. No extra pans, no extra steps. We’re all about that “dump and go” life.
Step 3: Spice it to Perfection
Let’s kick up the flavor with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir it all in right there in the slow cooker. No need to dirty up more dishes.
Step 4: The Stars of the Show
Time to introduce the stars of the show – those kidney beans, tomato puree, brown sugar and broth. Dump ’em all in, give it a good stir, and let everything get to know each other. We’re creating flavor magic, folks.
Step 5: Let It Simmer Slow
Put the lid on your slow cooker, set it to low, and let it simmer and meld together for about 6-8 hours. We want those veggies to soften, and this takes a little time. You’re gonna be rewarded with a rich, hearty chili that’s packed with flavor and love.
Get Creative: Personalize Your Perfect Bowl of Chili
- Heat It Up: If you love spicy chili, amp up the heat with additional chili powder, red pepper flakes, or diced jalapeños. You can also experiment with hotter chili pepper varieties like habanero or serrano for an extra kick.
- Custom Protein: While this recipe uses ground beef, you can mix things up with ground turkey, pork, or even ground chicken for a leaner option. For a meatless chili, consider adding extra beans or using plant-based ground meat alternatives.
- Beans Galore: Switch things up a bit. Diversify your bean selection. Try black beans, pinto beans, or a mix of different beans to add texture and flavor complexity.
- Veggies, Veggies, Veggies: Chili is a great way to sneak in extra veggies. Bell peppers, corn, diced tomatoes, zucchini, or sweet potatoes can all make delicious additions.
- Umami Boost: Enhance the depth of flavor with ingredients like a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, or a shot of brewed coffee. These secret ingredients can take your chili to the next level.
- Toppings Galore: Let your creativity shine with toppings! Offer a variety of options like shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, chopped green onions, crispy bacon bits, or crushed tortilla chips for some added crunch.
- Liquids of Choice: Adjust the consistency and flavor of your chili by incorporating different liquids. Try adding a bit of beef or vegetable broth, beer, or even a splash of red wine for a unique twist.
Remember, chili is all about personal preference, so get creative and make it your own. Whether you like it hot and spicy or packed with veggies, there’s no wrong way to enjoy a bowl of chili.
More SPF Must-Try Comfort Slow Cooker Recipes:
- SIMPLE Irish Guinness Beef Stew: Get cozy with this hearty Irish classic. Tender beef, carrots, and potatoes, all bathed in the deep, rich flavors of Guinness. A one-pot wonder for those chilly nights.
- SIMPLE Smoky Pulled BBQ Chicken: No fuss, all flavor! Picture this: smoky, tender pulled chicken, slow-cooked to perfection. Pile it high on buns, and you’ve got BBQ greatness right at home.
- SIMPLE Honey Buffalo Wings: Game day or any day, these wings are pure heaven. Slow-cooked, saucy, and oh-so-addictive, with that sweet and tangy buffalo kick.
Let’s Stay Connected!🎉📩
- 1 lb. Gound beef
- 1 Can (15 ounces) of Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 ounces) of Tomato puree
- ¼ Cup of Brown sugar
- 1 big ol’ Onion, diced
- 3 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Salt (adjust to your taste, buddy)
- ½ teaspoon of Black pepper (spice it up or tone it down, your call)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili powder (feel the heat!)
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion powder
- 1 Cup Broth (your choice)
- Place the lean ground beef in the slow cooker.
- Add diced onions and chopped celery directly into the slow cooker with the beef.
- Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add drained and rinsed kidney beans, tomato puree, brown sugar and broth. Stir everything well.
- Cover the slow cooker with its lid and set it to cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chili is hot, flavorful, and well melded.
- Serve hot, and garnish with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or fresh cilantro. Enjoy your delicious, no-fuss chili!
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 15 gr
- Sodium: varies
- Fat: 12 gr
- Saturated Fat: 5 gr
- Carbohydrates: 38 gr
- Fiber: 7 gr
- Protein: 20 gr
- Cholesterol: 48 mg