Unless you live in the Upper Pennisula of the state of Michigan, chances are you’ve experienced far too many dried out, crumbly fudges in your day.
Well, there’s no need to go on a 300 mile trek to get some fudge. This is one of the simplest fudge recipes on the internet as it only requires 3 ingredients. It has been tried, tested and reviewed for years.
The holidays this year may look a little different than years prior as we continue to social distance. Due to the pandemic gift baskets are at an all time high. Homemade gifts are making a huge comeback.Print
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles to decorate, optional
- Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, butter and chocolate chips to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until all the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and silky. Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Carefully pour the fudge to the parchment lined baking sheet and spread it out using a spoon or offset spatula.
- Add any toppings (nuts, sprinkles, etc) while the fudge is still warm if desired.
- Refrigerate until the fudge is completely firm (2hours)
- Once the fudge is set, slice it into squares and serve.
- Store any leftover fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You must use sweetened condensed milk in this recipe, not evaporated milk.
Any kind of chocolate will work – dark chocolate is especially delicious.
For a sweet and salty fudge, add ½ teaspoon flakey sea salt on top.
If the fudge is too hard to cut, allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Additionally, running your knife under hot water before slicing will ensure smooth, easy slices.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE HOLIDAY TREATS: