Peanut butter filled chocolate balls. Is there anything better?
Be sure to use a commercial peanut butter like Skippy or Jif for this recipe. Natural peanut butter, which just contains peanuts and sometimes salt and sugar, makes a filling that’s too runny, which will end in disasterous results.
Select either milk or dark chocolate chips. They can easily be melted in the microwave, just be careful not to use full power. Somewhere between 50-70% power will melt the chocolate without cooking it.
Make some room in your freezer, because these peanut butter balls need to firm up before taking their chocolate bath.
Once firm, use a toothpick or a fork to roll the ball in the melted chocolate, completely covering it.Print
SIMPLE No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- ½ Cup Butter, melted
- 1 ½ Cups Creamy Peanut butter
- 2 ½ Cups Powdered sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips
- Mix butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until well blended. Add more sugar if needed.
- Make 1 inch balls and freeze for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 60 seconds on 50% power, stir. Microwave again until melted.
- Remove balls from freezer and insert a toothpick into it and dip into the chocolate. If the peanut butter ball is too heavy for the toothpick, a fork works well.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1
PaigeSeptember 18, 2020 at 11:50 pm
CarolSeptember 19, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Looks like a buck eye to me so I’m in!