A cosmopolitan is a very popular drink, especially among the female crowd, as they have a hint of sophistication to them, yet they have a great twist of sweetness.
But why stop at a standard cosmo when you can make this festive Santaclausmopolitan?
We took the classic drink and added some fun crushed candy canes to the rim and called it a SANTAclausmopolitan. If you don’t have candy canes try mixing a little granulated sugar with some red food coloring.
How to Sugar Rim a cocktail glass?
- Start with a plate or shallow bowl of water, lime juice or lemon juice then dip in the rim of your glass.
- Evenly dip the rim into the crushed candy canes.
How To Make a Santaclausmopolitan:
- After festively decorating the rim of the martini glass, simply mix the ingredients in the recipe card below in a cocktail shaker
- Strain the santaclausmopolitan into the glass and enjoy!
What to pair with a Santaclausmopolitan:
Whether you want to make one for yourself, for you and a couple of friends, or for a whole party, this Santaslausmopolitan recipe makes it easy. It’s the perfect mix of sweet, sour, and tart, a cocktail the world just can’t get enough of!Print
- INGREDIENTS FOR SINGLE SERVING:
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 1 Tablespoon Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon Cranberry Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- Chill the glass.
- Run a wedge of lime around the edge of the glass and dip it in either plain sugar (or to be festive you can add granulated sugar to a food processor and add a tint of red food coloring or finely crushed candy canes). Pour the sugar onto a plate and dip the glass in it.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice. Shake the cocktail shaker for about 30 seconds until well chilled. Then, strain into a martini glass.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 OR MORE SERVINGS (PITCHER)
To make 4 drinks at one time, add 1 cup vodka, 1/4 cup triple sec, 1/4 cup cranberry juice, and 2-4 T lime juice to a pitcher
- Serving Size: 1