Get your party started this holiday season with this highly addictive, sweet white chocolate holiday Chex mix! The sweetness, however, doesn’t come from the predictable melted marshmallow. Instead, the salty ingredients are bound together by white chocolate.
Nothing says party like scattering a few of these bowls chock full of yumminess around your house and we’re pretty sure Chex mix is at the top of the google list for the holidays.
Little mini pretzels and Chex cereal are the usual culprits in this mix. Cheerios, peanuts and M&Ms are added to it. If you want to make this super delicious try using peanut butter flavored Chex or Cheerios cereal. The addition of red and green M&Ms are sure to add to the holiday spirit as well.
All of these goodies get coated in a melted white chocolate. It is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Each bite contains a little chocolate from the M & M’s, a little crunch from the Chex, a little salty crunch from the pretzels.
SIMPLE White Chocolate Holiday Chex Mix
- 5 oz. Mini Pretzels
- 5 oz. Pretzel Sticks
- 1 ½ Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Wheat Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Cheerios
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 10–12 oz. M & M’s Candy (use red/green for the Holidays)
- 12 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Holiday Colored Sprinkles
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, Cheerios, Chex, Peanuts and M&Ms. Set aside.
- In a microwave bowl, heat the chocolate and 1 Tablespoon oil on 30% power for 60 seconds, stir. Increase the power to 50% and cook the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate is all melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate all over the cereal until it is evenly coated. Stir using a large spoon.
- Spread the cereal on the baking sheet with a rubber spatula and set aside until cool.
- Break the holiday mix apart and place into clear gift bags to give as gifts or store in an airtight container.