Kick off game night with this pulled pork chili recipe that will go down into the hall of fame of Super Bowl treats! It’s the perfect blend of Mexican flavors and smoked pork all in one delicious bowl.
This Instant pot recipe can be made in just under an hour! Seems hard to believe, doesn’t it? But it’s true. Do not let the list of ingredients throw you. It is truly as simple as measuring them and getting them into your Instant pot, setting the timer, and you’re all set. The instant pot will do all the work.
This delicious game day party dish is tender, hearty, and a total crowd pleaser. Plus, it packs a mighty punch when it comes to flavor because it’s loaded with all the authentic Mexican favorite chili seasonings like chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and oregano.
But what really makes this recipe work are 2 secret ingredients. Want to know what they are? Dark cocoa powder and black coffee.
The deep flavors of the cocoa and coffee play off the aromatics of the spices. Adding these 2 ingredients adds a surprising depth and complexity to this chili dish that will set yours way above the rest!
Serve this savory pulled pork chili meal in the same pot so it stays warm while you watch the game.
This pulled pork chili recipe only takes 15 minutes of hands-on prep time, leaving you to enjoy the game. If you are lucky enough to have any left over, this chili tastes even better the next day!Print
SIMPLE Pulled Pork with Chili
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 Servings 1x
- 2½ –3 lbs. Boneless Pork loin roast
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Red onion, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. Dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Strong black coffee
- 1 28-oz. Can Diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 2 15-oz. Cans Dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. Can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Strained Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, scallions, corn bread
- Remove pork roast from refrigerator at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking. Remove excess fat and cut into four equal-sized pieces. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add olive oil. Once hot, add the red onion and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the spices become very fragrant, approximately 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pot by adding the coffee and gently scraping the bottom with a plastic spatula to loosen any brown bits. Turn the unit off by pressing the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Add the diced tomatoes with chilis, kidney beans, white beans, strained tomatoes, and seasoned pork loin to the Instant Pot®. Stir to combine and add the lid. Lock into place and position the vent toward “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust until it reads “High Pressure,” if necessary. Set cook time to 55 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and shred the pork with two forks. Stir to combine and let sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve warm topped with some shredded Mexican cheese blend and diced onion. Enjoy!
Tip: If desired, combine one or two tablespoons cornstarch with an equal amount of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® and stir into the chili to thicken.
- Serving Size: 1
DianeFebruary 26, 2022 at 10:16 am
Ok adding that coffee and cocoa was *chefs kiss*. What a difference it made! Delicious!