- 2½ –3 lbs. Boneless Pork loin roast
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Red onion, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. Dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Strong black coffee
- 1 28-oz. Can Diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 2 15-oz. Cans Dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. Can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Strained Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, scallions, corn bread
- Remove pork roast from refrigerator at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking. Remove excess fat and cut into four equal-sized pieces. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add olive oil. Once hot, add the red onion and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the spices become very fragrant, approximately 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pot by adding the coffee and gently scraping the bottom with a plastic spatula to loosen any brown bits. Turn the unit off by pressing the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Add the diced tomatoes with chilis, kidney beans, white beans, strained tomatoes, and seasoned pork loin to the Instant Pot®. Stir to combine and add the lid. Lock into place and position the vent toward “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust until it reads “High Pressure,” if necessary. Set cook time to 55 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and shred the pork with two forks. Stir to combine and let sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve warm topped with some shredded Mexican cheese blend and diced onion. Enjoy!
Tip: If desired, combine one or two tablespoons cornstarch with an equal amount of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® and stir into the chili to thicken.
- Serving Size: 1