Football can bring out the HUNGRY in your guests and this meat lovers pizza is just the answer. Stuffed with FOUR different meats and TWO types of cheeses, it is sure to fill the heartiest of appetites!
Most party rings use crescent rolls, not ours! Premade pizza dough is what gives this meat lovers ring that authentic pizza taste and feel. Best advice ~ grab some from your local pizza place, usually only $1-$2 and made daily.
You will fulfill all meat-loving-stuffed-pizza lovers dreams when they discover this ring is layered with FOUR meats – pepperoni, ham, salami and sausage. It is then topped in not one but TWO cheeses for an ULTIMATE game day food!
Dip it in our homemade marinara sauce (RECIPE BELOW) and you’ve got yourself a winning combination.
This may sound complicated to make, but if you follow our steps you will be out of the kitchen in no time!
TIPS TO MAKE A PIZZA RING:
- Pizza dough MUST be room temperature
- Cook the bacon and sausage together to save time. Be sure to drain.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough and cut it into 12 triangles using a pizza cutter.
- Spray an upside down baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the triangles into a circle.
- Start layering – fold the dough over. Brush with egg wash and sesame seeds and bake!
SIMPLE NO FAIL MARINARA SAUCE:
- 1 Can (28 ounces) Whole Peeled Tomatoes (nothing beats San Marzano)
- 1 Medium Sized Onion, diced
- 3 LARGE Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ea Dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Sugar
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 5–6 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
SIMPLE Meat Lovers Pizza Ring
- 1 Store Bought Pizza Dough, completely thawed and at room temperature
- 2 Links Italian sausage, casing removed (or 8 ounces ground)
- 16 Slices Genoa Salami
- 8 Slices Deli Ham Slices, cut in half
- 16–20 Slices Pepperoni
- 4 Slices Bacon cut in 1″ pieces
- 10 Slices Provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut bacon into 1″ pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium heat. When the bacon is rendered about halfway add the sausage. Cook until the sausage is done and broken apart. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a large circle and cut in quarters. Cut 3 triangles from each quarter totaling 12 triangles.
- Arrange the triangles in a ring so the short sides of the dough are overlapping slightly and the pointed ends are facing outward (it should look like a giant sun).
- Begin layering with the provolone cheese, sausage & bacon, salami, ham, pepperoni and finally top with shredded mozzarella.
- Fold the triangles over, tucking underneath if necessary.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce in the middle of the ring.
- Serving Size: 1
ChrisOctober 17, 2022 at 5:48 pm
Dude! The bomb!