Let’s face it … nachos are a combination of some of the best foods on one plate. Warm crispy tortillas, beef or chicken and stringy, warm, melted cheese. Most people have a hard time saying no to them.
But we upped the ante by loading these nachos with smoky BBQ sauce, bacon, red onions, shredded chicken and 3 different cheeses . It’s a game changer!
Why are these BBQ chicken nachos so addictive?
- There are 3 levels of smokiness to these nachos. The first layer is in the BBQ sauce, choose one with a smoky base to it, such as Stubbs. This gets brushed on and drizzled over the nachos, and tossed with the chicken as well.
- The next layer of smokiness comes from the bacon – choose a smoky apple bacon and third layer of smoke comes from the cheese. A smoked Gouda is a perfect choice to tie it all together.
- All this smokiness is balanced with the Queso cheese and Cheddar cheese, not to mention the other toppings such as sour cream and guacamole.
To make these nachos ahead of time just assemble both layers and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. This can be done several hours ahead of time.Print
SIMPLE Fully Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 3 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken (store bought or grilled)
- 4–5 Strips Bacon
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- ¾–1 Cup Smoky BBQ Sauce (we recommend STUBBS)
- ¾–1 Cup Monterey Jack Queso Sauce
- 3 Cups Shredded Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Bag Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the bacon on it. Place it in a cold oven and turn it to 400°F. When the temperature reaches 400° turn a timer on for 10 minutes. When the bacon is crispy, remove, pat dry and chop up.
- Combine 3 cups chicken with most of the BBQ sauce, leave some to brush on the chips.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper and place tortilla chips in one layer.
- Brush (or spoon) BBQ on the chips (no need to be exact).
- Layer ½ the chicken over the chips.
- Drizzle with ½ the Queso sauce.
- Layer with ½ the red onion and bacon, Gouda and Cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle BBQ all over the top of the nachos and bake in the preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with thinly sliced jarred (or fresh) jalapeno peppers and serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa on the side.
- Serving Size: 1
Allison cooperJanuary 22, 2020 at 10:33 pm
These look amazing
Jen j.January 24, 2020 at 4:22 pm
I made these and added jarred jalapenos and used what cheese I had. Great change up from beef nachos. Use smoky bbq sauce it makes all the difference.
Todd bMay 28, 2020 at 8:41 pm
MAKE THESE !!!!!