These 2 ingredient truffles are spookified by getting a double dip in white chocolate, drizzled in mummy wrap and adding edible eyes.
They are the perfect addition to add to your spooky Halloween party. Truffles are super simple to make with just a few ingredients. Just be sure to plan ahead because the truffles need to set up in the fridge for a few hours before taking their chocolate bath.
Using a small ice cream scoop will provide uniform, even sized truffles. Once they are all rolled, place them in the freezer to firm up for 20 minutes.
Then melt the white chocolate and drunk each truffle in the chocolate. Give each and every truffle a chocolate bath and then do it again! Yes, double dip!
Once the truffles have set, it’s time to make them spooky by piping on extra white chocolate to give the “bandages” more of a mummified look.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bright white melting wafers
- 1/2 tsp flake or sea salt
- Edible Candy Eyes
To make the truffles:
- Add the chocolate and salt to a large bowl.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 30 seconds (or on the the stovetop until it starts to steam).
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate until it is fully combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to harden— about 4 hours.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, scoop 1 Tbsp sized balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll each truffle in your hands to make sure they are tightly packed and smooth on all sides.
- Place them into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers according to the package directions. Transfer 1/4 of the white chocolate to a Ziploc bag.
- Divide the remaining melted white chocolate into two small bowls.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and dip them one by one into one of the bowls melted white chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Place the dipped truffles back onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow the white chocolate to fully cool before repeating the process with the second bowl of chocolate— you will dip the truffles in white chocolate twice.
- Attach the candy eyes while the chocolate is still wet.
- Lastly, cut the very tip off of the Ziploc bag and drizzle the chocolate over the truffle to create mummy wrap.
For even more luxurious truffle, try adding 2 Tablespoons of butter to the chocolate after it’s melted.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE HALLOWEEN RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!