- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bright white melting wafers
- 1/2 tsp flake or sea salt
- Edible Candy Eyes
To make the truffles:
- Add the chocolate and salt to a large bowl.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 30 seconds (or on the the stovetop until it starts to steam).
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate until it is fully combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to harden— about 4 hours.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, scoop 1 Tbsp sized balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll each truffle in your hands to make sure they are tightly packed and smooth on all sides.
- Place them into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers according to the package directions. Transfer 1/4 of the white chocolate to a Ziploc bag.
- Divide the remaining melted white chocolate into two small bowls.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and dip them one by one into one of the bowls melted white chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Place the dipped truffles back onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow the white chocolate to fully cool before repeating the process with the second bowl of chocolate— you will dip the truffles in white chocolate twice.
- Attach the candy eyes while the chocolate is still wet.
- Lastly, cut the very tip off of the Ziploc bag and drizzle the chocolate over the truffle to create mummy wrap.
For even more luxurious truffle, try adding 2 Tablespoons of butter to the chocolate after it’s melted.
- Serving Size: 1