Hey there, folks! Today, we’re gonna dive into the world of refreshing coleslaw. It’s the perfect side dish to accompany your favorite BBQ or give a fresh twist to any meal. Get ready to crunch into some serious flavor with this easy peasy coleslaw recipe. Let’s get mixin’!
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
- Alright, first up, we need to add some zing to our coleslaw. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of finely minced onion (or dried minced onion) to give it that extra kick. Next, we’re gonna whip up a creamy dressing that’ll make this slaw sing.
- In the same bowl, add in ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Now, don’t be stingy with the mayo, my friends. We want this coleslaw to be creamy and dreamy. To balance out that creaminess, we’re gonna add 3 teaspoons of white vinegar. It’s gonna bring a tangy punch to the party.
- Now let’s add a touch of sweetness to our slaw. Sprinkle in ¼ cup of granulated sugar, and if you’re feeling adventurous, a pinch of dry mustard for a little kick. Season it all off with ¼ teaspoon of salt to bring out those flavors.
- But we’re not done yet! Time to throw in some poppy seeds to give our coleslaw a fun texture and a subtle nutty flavor. Add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds into the mix. They’ll add a little crunch and a whole lot of awesomeness.
- To bring it all together, we’re gonna need some liquid love. Pour in 2 tablespoons of whole milk. It’s gonna give our dressing a smooth and velvety consistency. Now, grab a whisk or a spoon and give it all a good mix until it’s creamy and well combined.
- Last but not least, we need our star ingredient – the shredded cole slaw mix. Grab a bag of 14 ounces of shredded cole slaw mix and add it to the bowl. Toss it around and make sure every single piece of cabbage and carrot gets coated in that creamy, flavorful dressing. You want every bite to be bursting with deliciousness.
And there you have it, folks – a lip-smackin’ coleslaw recipe that’ll steal the show at any gathering. It’s creamy, tangy, and packed with crunch. The perfect companion to your BBQ ribs, fried chicken, or even as a topping for your favorite sandwiches. This coleslaw is gonna bring a fresh burst of flavor to your taste buds and leave you craving more.
So grab a plate, pile on that delectable coleslaw, and get ready to savor each and every bite. It’s time to take your coleslaw game to the next level.
MORE SIMPLE SUMMER SIDE DISHES:Print
No summer BBQ is complete without a good coleslaw! For best results, make a day in advance.
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced onion (or dried minced onion)
- ½ Cup + 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 tsp White Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Dry Mustard
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 bag (14 oz) Shredded Cole Slaw Mix
- Add the coleslaw to a large mixing bowl
- In another bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the remaining ingredients until combined
- Pour it over the cole slaw and fold over with spatula until completely coated
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight