Are you sick of serving chips and salsa when you entertain? Why not serve a delicious, colorful, and chunky Mexican inspired 7 layer taco dip that your guests will remember!
Everyone loves tacos and taco dip! As a matter of fact, the only thing better than eating a fresh taco is eating taco dip!
So what’s in a 7 layer taco bean dip?
There are quite a few variations to this dip. But this is our favorite. It’s simple and perfect.
- Refried beans (you can certainly buy premade beans in a can, but why not kick it up and make your own refried beans?)
- Guacamole (again, you can buy this too – but we’ve got a great simple recipe for Guac)
- Cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning
- Picante sauce (or salsa) – yup, we have a recipe for salsa too!)
- Colby Jack cheese
- Black Olives
How To Layer a Taco Dip
Simply follow the pictures below for an amazing dip your guests will love.
The refried beans do not need to be cooked or heated. They are already cooked. Simply layer them in the pan. We prefer to use a glass 8×8 baking pan for this so your guests can see all the layers of this delicious dip from the sides enticing them even more!
There’s nothing saying you have to stop at 7 layers. Why not try adding a layer of:
- Ground beef seasoned with taco seasonings or
- Jalapenos or
- Diced tomatoes
This dip is best made ahead of time giving you plenty of time to relax and enjoy your guests.
Do You Like Taco Dips? That’s great because we have more!
- Our SIMPLE Layered Taco Dip is a little different than this one because it also has seasoned ground beef. We can make a meal out of this dip!
- Our SIMPLE Bean Dip is a combination of refried beans, sour cream, some seasonings and cheese that is baked until bubbly and delicious!
- Let’s just keep the taco thing going here and serve up some Taco sliders.
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 Package Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 pkt taco seasoning
- 1 ½ Cups Guacamole
- 1 container salsa, drained
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce (about 1 cup)
- Black olives, sliced
- Spread the beans in the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish using a spatula to keep it even.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until incorporated.
- Carefully dollop spoonfuls of the cream cheese over the beans and lightly smooth the mixture out.
- Add the guacamole then the salsa.
- Finish by garnishing with the lettuce, cheese, and olives.
- Serve with tortilla .