This no-fuss Chinese fried rice recipe is great for using up any leftover vegetables you have in your fridge, whether they’re frozen or fresh. Plus it has the added benefit of being cooked right in the Instant Pot!
This one-pot dish is filled with all the flavor of a stir fry without actually having to use a pan. Plus, it’s dairy free, gluten free, and it’s ready in only 30 minutes. It’s so delish, you’ll want to toss away those Chinese takeout menus for good!
Just add the white rice to your Instant Pot for 5 minutes. Once it’s done cooking, manually release the pressure and switch the valve to the “venting position”. This will allow you to fluff up the rice a bit. Then, all you need to do is switch to the sauté function and add all the other ingredients. Make sure to follow the steps listed down below for perfect results.
This simple to make vegetarian dish is packed with tons of nutrients, tons of flavor, and tons of gluten-free deliciousness. It’ll quickly become your go-to recipe any time you have leftover vegetables or rice.Print
- 2 Cups Uncooked White rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Frozen Vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Chopped peanuts and sliced green onions, optional– for garnish
- Add the white rice and water to the Instant Pot. Attach the lid and ensure the vent is in the “sealing” position. Heat the Instant Pot using the Manual Pressure-Normal-High Pressure function and set the timer for 5 minutes. (The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and will then begin counting down from 5.)
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. Be careful, the valve will steam.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, remove to a separate bowl.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the olive oil and sesame oil to the pot. Allow it to get warm. Add the frozen vegetables to the oil. Sauté the vegetables, stirring occasionally until they begin soften.
- Push the vegetables to the side and add the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring constantly, until the egg begins to set, then fold into the vegetable until the egg is cooked through.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL. Add in the cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm with sliced green onions and additional sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!