If you love chocolate, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and watching things melt, then you’re in for a treat!
These no-bake Reese’s hot cocoa bombs combine creamy peanut butter, cocoa powder, chocolate, and marshmallows and come together in indulgent hot cocoa bomb form. Luckily, these tasty treats are easy to make at home, too.
Seeing as these hot cocoa bombs have literally EXPLODED (pun) in recent months, finding the right chocolate to make the shell has fast become a popular Googled question.
What chocolate should I use to make the Cocoa Bomb shell?
Let us help you.
- You can certainly use Wilton melting chocolates, however that will involve tempering the chocolate. Not a fan.
- Ghiradelli makes a great chocolate melt, which you can find here.
- However, we have found these Candiquik melts to be the optimum when it comes to making hot cocoa bombs.
How to Make Reese’s Hot Cocoa Bombs:
- Brush some melted chocolate into these sphere-shaped silicon molds. This may take 2 or 3 layers to ensure the outside shell is thick and won’t break or leak.
- Once fully chilled and hard, fill them with hot chocolate powder and mini marshmallows.
- Seal the two chocolate spheres halves together by placing a plate in the microwave for a minute to heat up. Place one half of the sphere on it to slightly melt the chocolate and combine the 2 halves.
- Drizzle the Reese’s bomb with melted chocolate, peanut butter, caramel sauce, or sprinkles. (These salted caramel bombs can be used immediately or stored in the refrigerator for an on the spot hot cocoa experience!)
- To enjoy, simply put the hot cocoa bomb in a mug. Fill it up with steaming hot milk and watch how the chocolate spheres melt away to reveal a tasty surprise.
These creamy Reese’s hot cocoa bombs are so good, they might even be better than the real deal!
For the Hot Chocolate Powder Mix:
- ½ Cup Powdered sugar
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup chopped chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut butter powder
- 2 Tablespoons Milk powder
For the Hot Chocolate Bomb:
- 16 ounces Chocolate Bark
- 1 Cup Hot chocolate mix (listed above)
- ¼ Cup Mini marshmallows
To Make the Hot Chocolate Powder:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Make the Hot Chocolate Bombs:
- Melt the chocolate bark according to the package directions.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate to each of the silicone molds. Use a spoon or culinary brush to push the chocolate all the way to the top edges of the mold. Make sure to get a thick layer all the way around.
- Place the chocolate molds in the fridge to chill until the chocolate has fully hardened– about 10 minutes. Repeat with another layer of chocolate. Harden again.
- Remove the chocolate from the molds. Fill half of the molds with hot chocolate powder and mini marshmallows.
- Place a plate in the microwave for 1 minute. Place the other half of the chocolate sphere on the plate until it begins to melt. Place it on top of the filled half. Press the two chocolates together gently to seal them.
- Drizzle the hot chocolate bomb with additional melted chocolate and/or peanut butter and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- To serve, add one hot chocolate bomb to a large mug. Fill the mug with hot milk and stir until the hot chocolate bomb has dissolved.
- Serving Size: 1
LOOKING FOR MORE HOT COCOA BOMBS?:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!