A cup of homemade creamy hot chocolate? Coming right up!
This simple recipe only takes about 5 minutes to make and 3 key ingredients: hot cocoa mix, hot milk, and vanilla extract. Make your cup of hot cocoa extra flavorful by topping it with some whipped cream, sprinkles, or powdered cocoa powder for an irresistible combination.
Looking to add a minty winter vibe? Revamp your chocolate drink and make your own peppermint hot cocoa by adding 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Fair warning. This homemade creamy hot cocoa will be a major hit with the family. So make sure to make a big batch because it won’t last long!
- 1/3 Cup Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 Cup Hot milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, sprinkles, powdered cocoa powder
To make Peppermint hot cocoa, add 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Microwave: Heat 1 cup of milk in a large mug until hot. Add in 1/3 Cup hot cocoa mix and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir until melted.
- Stovetop: Add 1 cup milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup cocoa mix – stir to dissolve and heat through. Take off the heat and add vanilla.
- Add whipped cream if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK RECIPES:
Reese’s Hot Chocolate Bombs
Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs