This cream cheese shrimp dip can be ready to serve in minutes. It has very few ingredients, which is what makes it so quick. Just remember to bring the cream cheese to room temperature first.
Fresh shrimp can be used, but in keeping this a SIMPLE dip, we used little canned shrimp. These can be found near the tuna fish in your supermarket. Not only does that make this dip totally economical but there is no deveining, peeling or messing with any shrimp. These little shrimp will break apart as they are being combined into the cream cheese.
Once the ingredients are combined, just top it off with store bought cocktail sauce. Or if you’re feeling daring make your own with our recipe below.
Shape the shrimp dip into whatever shape you want … round like a ball, a heart for Valentine’s Day or don’t shape it at all. Just put it in a dish and serve. We chose to shape ours like a football in preparation for the Big Game!
- 2 (8 oz) Blocks of Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Onion
- 2 (4 oz) Cans Tiny Shrimp
FOR THE COCKTAIL SAUCE:
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until combined. Add all other ingredients except the shrimp and beat again until smooth.
- Add the shrimp and toss using a wooden spoon or spatula until combined.
- Chill to firm up for a few hours.
- Turn the bowl over onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper. Shape the dip into the shape of a football and transfer to a platter. Top with cocktail sauce.
- To make the laces, cut 4 pieces of white cheddar cheese in 2″ lengths and one long piece.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE GAME DAY RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment below. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!