This spicy salsa recipe has everything you need to elevate your Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo game. It comes together in about 20 minutes and is perfect to dress up the simplest of meals.
Pour it over Carne asada or chicken. Serve some of the spiciness with your favorite tacos, burritos or plain tortilla chips. Looking to give your taste buds a kick and bring Mexico to your kitchen? Then pair up this flavorful salsa with some delicious Huevos Rancheros Eggs.
A versatile salsa you can pour on absolutely anything = DINNER GOALS.
This healthy and delicious salsa recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days, so you can double recipe to enjoy with your favorite Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes or as a snack with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Medium Yellow onion, diced small
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2½ Tbsp. Fresh Lime juice
- 2–3 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and peppers become soft, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Mexican oregano, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and water. Stir to combine and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Add ¼ – ½ the diced tomatoes and puree the mixture with an immersion blender, leaving slightly chunky.
- Transfer the salsa to a bowl, add the remainder of the tomatoes. Stir in the fresh lime juice and cilantro. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.