Looking for a snack that will WOW everyone at the party? There’s no better way to celebrate Independence Day than with this simple patriotic snack mix.
This no bake Chex mix snack has salt and crunch from the pretzels and cereal, chewy from the Twizzlers, chocolatey from the M&Ms and oh-so-soft from the mini marshmallows.
So how do we make this delicious Chex snack mix?
- Just grab a large bowl and toss the mini pretzels and Chex corn cereal.
- Add the mini marshmallows and candy and stir.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper, and spread the mixture onto the baking sheet, covering every spot.
- Break the Twizzlers into smaller bits and spread them on top.
- Then melt all the chocolates and drizzle it over the party mix.
- For a final patriotic pop of color, finish it off with sprinkles.
This sweet and salty mix is so deliciously addicting, it might be better than watching the fireworks. Plus, this recipe is so much fun to make, the kids will be more than happy to help out.
This no bake Chex cereal party mix is brought to life with red white and blue chocolate and sprinkles for an unforgettable 4th of July treat!
- 5 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 5 Cups Chex corn cereal
- 2 Cups M&M’s
- 2 Cups Mini marshmallows
- 8–10 Twizzlers (or mini Twizzlers)
- 1 lb. White Almond Bark
- 1 Bag Red Candy melts
- 1 Bag Blue Candy melts
- Red, white and blue Sprinkles
- In a very large bowl, stir together the pretzels and cereal. Add the M&Ms and marshmallows and stir together.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto large baking sheet.
- Cut the Twizzlers into small pieces and add on top.
- In 3 separate microwave safe bowls, melt the chocolate(s) for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is almost melted. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Transfer into plastic squeeze bottles. This is optional, but much easier to add the chocolate.
- Drizzle white chocolate, then add red and blue melted chocolate. Immediately add the sprinkles and allow to set for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Once hard, break into pieces and store in airtight container until ready to serve.
LOOKING FOR MORE 4th of JULY TREATS?