Attention cupcake enthusiasts and patriotic party-goers! Get ready to ignite your taste buds with a burst of 4th of July joy. We’re about to dive into a world of scrumptious goodness and quirky decorations that will make your taste buds explode with fireworks!
Introducing… drumroll please… 4th of July Cupcakes! These delectable treats are like edible fireworks, packed with flavors that will leave you dazzled and craving for more.
Imagine sinking your teeth into a fluffy cupcake, adorned with creamy, velvety frosting in vibrant shades of red, white, and blue. Every bite will transport you to a culinary carnival, filled with bursts of sweetness and a touch of patriotic magic.
Gather your friends, family, or fellow cupcake enthusiasts, and let the 4th of July Cupcake party begin! Create your own cupcake masterpiece by adding edible glitter for that extra sparkle, or get creative with colorful sprinkles to make your cupcakes stand out from the crowd.
Let’s Dive Right into making these 4th Of July cupcakes!
Making cupcakes is pretty straight forward – you know the drill!
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F°.
- Line the muffin tin or cupcake pan with the paper liners. Mix the ingredients and fill cupcake liners.
- Bake and cool
How to Make Buttercream Frosting:
- Cream the butter until it’s smooth and fluffy
- Add the vanilla, sugar and cream.
- Use the frosting to pipe onto the cupcakes.
How to Make Candy Melt Sparklers:
Now, it’s time to finish this recipe by adding the cherry on top – or in this case, the squiggly candy melt sparklers.
- Just melt white, red, and blue candy melts in the microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate to 2 decorator bags (you can also use Ziploc bags and cut off a small portion of the corner).
- Pipe squiggly lines over a baking sheet with parchment paper and let them sit there for about 10 minutes to give them time to cool off and harden.
- Break the squiggly sparklers into pieces and place them on top of the frosting and you’re all set!
And don’t forget the final touch—a small American flag proudly planted right in the center of each cupcake, waving its tiny flag with edible pride.
So, let’s celebrate this Independence Day with a bang, a burst of sweetness, and a cupcake-induced smile on our faces. These 4th of July cupcakes are the perfect treat to ignite your taste buds and add a sprinkle of deliciousness to your festivities.
Happy 4th of July, cupcake enthusiasts! May your day be filled with laughter, joy, and of course, mouthwatering cupcakes that make your taste buds explode with happiness. 🧁
Milk – by using milk or buttermilk instead of water in the cake mix, it makes the cupcakes taste more homemade, however, store bought buttermilk is sometimes a bit too thick. To make your own buttermilk just add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to 1 cup milk, let set 2-3 minutes.
Frosting – Using clear vanilla extract will keep the buttercream super white. You can also use regular vanilla extract.
MORE 4TH OF JULY RECIPES:
- No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie – Get ready to have a “jello-rious” 4th of July with our no-bake strawberry pie that’s sure to make your taste buds wiggle with delight!
- Grilled Beer Brats – these brats will make your taste buds explode with freedom!”
- S’more Rice Krispie Treats – a fireworks show for your taste buds!
- 1 Box Vanilla or White cake mix
- 1 Cup buttermilk or milk **see notes
- ⅓ Cup Canola oil
- 4 Large Egg whites or 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract **see notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F° and fill cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and oil. Mix on low for 2-3 minutes, increase speed and mix until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Divide batter into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy and smooth. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl – gradually add the sugar, alternating with heavy cream.
- Add to the butter and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Let come to room temperature before using.
Candy Melt Sparklers:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add blue candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds
- Stir and continue heating for 10 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost melted, stir until smooth
- Repeat with red candy melts
- Fit 2 decorator bags with a small round tip (I used #5)
- Add melted chocolate to bag, being careful as it may leak out
- Pipe zigzag lines of the chocolate to create the sparklers
- Let set about 10 minutes to harden
- Break apart in pieces and set aside until ready to frost cupcakes