Something pretty magical happens when you take cream cheese and add some sugar to make it all fluffy and billowy.
And with just 5 simple ingredients, our mini cheesecakes are the ultimate solution to indulging in a most delicious dessert, but with control.
These mini versions are much more of a crowd pleaser than a huge slice of cheesecake. They are portable which makes them great for a party and mingling with guests.
They are baked in their own little crust so there is no need for plates or forks. You can pop ’em in whole!
Our suggestion would be to create a mini cheesecake bar where guests have a selection of toppings they can choose from to personalize their own slice of heaven. Some suggestions are canned cherries, blueberries, strawberries, fresh fruit, chocolate, etc.
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
Combine melted butter with crushed Vanilla wafer cookies. Press ½ teaspoon into lined muffin tins.
TO MAKE THE BATTER:
Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
PUT IT TOGETHER:
Add cream cheese mixture on top of the crust and bake for 15 minutes or until firm.
These bite sized beauties just might some of the prettiest desserts around, but we might be a little biased.
- 40 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3–4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip Cream, Fresh Fruit, Canned Pie Filling
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. and add cupcake liners to a mini muffin pan.
FOR THE CRUST:
- Crush the vanilla wafers in a food processor (or hit with a rolling pin in a resealable bag).
- Melt the butter in the microwave 20-30 seconds or until completely melted. Add the butter to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add about ½ teaspoon of the cookie mixture to the cupcake liners and tap to form to bottom using a wooden tart shaper or spoon.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- Next, beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until very smooth and fluffy. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla, beat until creamy and smooth.
PUT IT TOGETHER:
- Add about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture on top of cookie crust.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cheesecake will puff up a bit, but will deflate when cooled, this is normal.
- Cool completely on wire rack and add your choice of toppings.