Say HELLO to your favorite new decadent dessert – chocolate cheesecake mousse!
If you’ve been looking for an easy mousse recipe, you’ve found it. This melts-in-your-mouth dessert combines the best of both worlds for any chocolate lover out there since it’s both a chocolate mousse and a cheesecake all in one. But there’s an unexpected ingredient in this mousse that you will have to scroll down to see.
This 5 ingredient chocolate cheesecake mousse is as simple as it gets since there’s absolutely no baking involved. Just mix, whisk, and refrigerate until ready to serve. It really doesn’t get any easier than that, right?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- Heavy Whipping Cream (no substitutions)
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Cocoa Powder
- This recipe calls for WHIPPED cream cheese. Using regular cream cheese will work, however it will produce a much denser, heavier mousse.
- Place a steel mixing bowl, and beaters in the freezer 30 minutes prior to making this mousse. The temperature of the bowl effects the size of the bubbles that form inside the cream. In other words, the colder the bowl the fluffier the mousse.
- No time? Try placing a frozen gel ice pack under the mixing bowl as you are whipping the cream. It helps keep the bowl ice cold and the cream cold.
If you need to whip up a last-minute dessert to entertain guests, this chocolate mousse recipe will become your instant go-to favorite. Just don’t forget to add some toppings like whipped cream and chocolate pearls on top for a spectacular experience.
If you have a large family, make sure to double up as this decadent chocolate mousse will have the whole family going back for seconds!Print
- 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup Whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Flakey Sea Salt, Berries/Berry Jam, Toasted Hazelnuts, Chocolate Shavings, Whipped Cream, or Chocolate Pearls.
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment). Beat for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream has doubled in size but not yet reached the soft peak stage.
- Once the cream has thickened slightly, add the remaining ingredients and beat until it forms stiff peaks— about 3 more minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Again, start on low speed and gradually work your way up to medium-high until the mousse is evenly incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, raspberries, chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or plain.
Be sure to start the mixer on low speed and work your way up to medium-high. If you go straight to high speed, you’ll end up with a mess!
You must use heavy whipping cream in this recipe—lower fat milks will not work.
You can use regular cream cheese instead of whipped but the mousse will be more dense— use whipped if you want a light and airy mousse.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!