We love bean dips! They are fast, inexpensive, made with pantry items and feed a crowd!
This bean dip is different than our Layered Taco Dip, which is layered and fantastic, if we do say so ourselves.
No, this dip is all COMBINED. No layering involved. Literally 5 ingredients come together and create a creamy, warm and comforting dip.
Beat softened cream cheese with sour cream until combined. Keeping things simple we used store bought refried beans and packaged taco seasonings and added cheese until combined.
This dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until it’s ready to be baked.
Once the dip is baked the fun begins. Go crazy with your favorite toppings like jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes, etc. Serve alongside tortilla chips and salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream. It’s yours – go crazy!
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans or 2 cups homemade refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese, divided
- Jalapeno slices, Cilantro, Tomatoes, Pico de gallo, Salsa, Black Olives, Tortilla chips
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Spray a small baking dish (8×8 inch) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Stir in refried beans, 2 cups cheese, taco seasoning and garlic until smooth.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and add additional cheese on top.
- Return to oven and heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice and tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 16