Jalapeno poppers have a reputation of being hot. This simply is not true if you follow our advice. Jalapenos get their heat from the ribs and seeds, so by simply removing them you will be left with a pepper that is no hotter than a green pepper.
After slicing the jalapeno in half remove the entire rib (the thin whitish part that runs the length of the jalapeno) and the seeds. Rinse the jalapenos under cool water before cooking and pat dry before stuffing and wrapping them. Wearing disposable gloves is also a good idea. If you are not wearing gloves, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands after and avoid touching your face.
OTHER JALAPENO OPTIONS:
SIMPLE STUFFED JALPENOS WITH GORGONZOLA AND BACON
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Creamy Gorgonzola Cheese
5-6 Slices Bacon, cut in half if small peppers or use whole pc on larger ones
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
Wash the peppers, dry and cut in half, remove seeds. Combine cream cheese and Gorgonzola in a bowl until combined.
Spoon into jalapeno halves and wrap in bacon.
SIMPLE BUFFALO CHICKEN POPPERS
1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
10 Jalapeno Peppers, halved & seeds removed
5-8 slices Bacon
Wash the peppers, dry and cut in half, remove seeds. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Spoon into peppers and wrap in bacon. Bake until cheese is melted. Top with Bleu Cheese and more buffalo sauce.
BACON WRAPPED PIMENTO POPPERS
10 Jalapeno Peppers
1/2 Cup Pimento Cheese
5-8 Slices Bacon
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
Wash the peppers, dry and cut in half, remove seeds.
Use a spoon to fill the insides of each jalapeno with pimento cheese. Wrap each pepper in bacon and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.
- 10–12 Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (or if you like a little more heat try Jalapeno flavored cream cheese
- 6–7 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Begin by slicing each jalapeno in half lengthwise, then removing the ribs and seeds. (If your or your guests like things a little on the hotter side keep a few seeds in)
- Using a butter knife, fill each jalapeno with cream cheese and wrap in a slice of bacon. A toothpick will help ensure the bacon stays wrapped but not necessary
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon
- Serving Size: 1