Ravioli with a pumpkin cream sauce is a creamy, indulgent and cozy meal. It is Fall on a plate.
The best part? It’s made in ONE POT and it’s done in under 20 minutes!
Using frozen or fresh premade ravioli is the real time saver for this recipe. You didn’t think we’d actually want you to MAKE the ravioli, did you? Oh, heavens no.
We keep things REAL simple around here, that’s why you keep coming back for more.
Fresh ravioli is easily found in local supermarkets, but frozen works just as well. Make sure to purchase the cheese variety.
How to make Pumpkin Ravioli using only ONE pot:
- Begin by sautéing some onions and garlic in a little oil over low heat.
- Add pumpkin pie spices – allow them to heat up as it brings out the flavor.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vegetable stock. It will appear watery, but that’s ok. The ravioli jumps in next.
- Add the ravioli, give it a stir and cover. Cook until done
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
Try topping this warm Fall dish with some additional shredded parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts.Print
- 2 Tbsp olive oi
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ Cups Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Frozen or fresh ravioli (25 oz frozen bag)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until transparent. Add the garlic clove and cook for 1 more minute or until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin pie spices and stir to incorporate. Add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine. Cook for 2 more minutes or until the pumpkin pure darkens in color.
- Add the vegetable stock and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the ravioli, stir and cover. Gently simmer for 8 minutes (or until the ravioli is al dente).
- Remove the lid, and add the heavy cream and cook for 1 more minute, stirring to incorporate all the flavors. Let stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts if desired.
- Serving Size: 1