- SIMPLE Flavor-Bursting Meatballs
- Hoagie/sub rolls
- Marinara sauce
- Sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Sliced onions and bell peppers (optional)
- Fresh basil or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Warm up the Matty’s Flavor-Bursting Meatballs in a skillet over medium heat with a splash of marinara sauce. Cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the meatballs are warming up, prepare your sub rolls. Cut them open lengthwise, creating a pocket to hold all the delicious fillings.
- Spread a generous amount of marinara sauce on one side of the sub roll.
- Fill the sub roll with a layer of the warmed meatballs. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of the meatballs.
- If using, layer the sautéed onions and bell peppers on top of the meatballs.
- Finish it off with slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese, creating a cheesy blanket over the meatballs.
- Place the prepared meatball subs on a baking sheet and pop them in the preheated oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is gooey and bubbly.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle some fresh basil or parsley on top for an added burst of freshness.