- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese – or your favorite cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced – about 2 cups
- 3 greens onions with tops, diced finely
- black olives, cilantro, shredded lettuce, diced jalapenos, diced avocado
- Brown ground beef until no pink remains, drain if necessary.
- Add 1 envelope taco seasoning and ½ cup water – cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the taco meat and refried beans until well combined.
- Transfer to 13×9 glass dish and spread evenly using a spatula or back of a spoon.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and 1 envelope taco seasoning until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over bean mixture.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes and any other toppings you like.
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with additional toppings and tortilla chips.
NOTE: Taco Dip can also be heated to melt the cheese and warm the filling. Place in 350°F degree oven for 15-20 minutes BEFORE adding any additional toppings. The meat can be omitted for a vegetarian option.
- Serving Size: 1