Why go out and spend $7 on a Chai Latte when you can make them at home at a fraction of the cost?
- 3 Black tea bags
- 2 Cups water
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- ¼ Tsp ground ginger
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Star anise
- Pinch of cardamom
- 3 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave
- See instant pot on sauté.
- Heat the water and once it’s hot to the touch, add the tea bags. Steep for 4 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Add the spices and cook for 10 minutes so the spices bloom. Add the milk and sweetener and stir to combine.
- Serve into glasses topped with cinnamon whipped cream.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar and 1 Tsp cinnamon until stiff peaks form.