- 3–4 pounds chicken, cut up, thigh, legs and/or breasts, skin on
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups BBQ SauceBBQ Sauce
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Clean chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken in either a large bowl or on a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill skin side down for 10-15 minutes or until skin is browned, rotating or turning if the chicken becomes charred. Once the chicken is cooked about 3/4 of the way through, paste with the BBQ sauce and continue cooking until a thermometer reads 150-155°.
- Place the chicken on a clean platter and cover with foil to let the juices settle and let the chicken continue to cook until it reaches 160° F.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce if desired.
- Serving Size: 4-6