- 4 ripe avocados
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2–3 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Rotel diced tomatoes (many varieties to chose from)
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by slicing the avocados in half lengthwise. You will feel the pit in the middle, bring your knife to it and just rotate until the avocado is sliced in half. Twist the avocado to open. Using your knife, quickly tap the pit with your knife so the knife wedges into it. Gently twist and the pit should come right out.
- Scoop the avocado out and put in a small bowl. Mash with the back of a fork to the desired consistency.
- Add the minced garlic, diced onion, cilantro, Rotel tomatoes, lime and lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix and refrigerate.