FOR THE COFFEE CAKE:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Eggnog
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until incorporated. Add the eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add half the flour and mix, pour the eggnog and combine, and finish with the flour. Beat for 3 minutes until the batter is shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the streusel topping ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle over the coffee cake.
- Bake on the middle rack for 45 to 55 minutes, checking with a toothpick at 45 minutes and every 5 minutes after, until golden brown and cooked through.
This coffee cake is delicious as is! The eggnog already has a light spicy flavor so you don’t need to add any additional cinnamon or nutmeg to the mix.
For a little extra bedazzle, try mixing a little eggnog with some confections sugar and drizzle on top just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1