Planning a get-together? Then you can’t go wrong with this light and fluffy eggnog coffee cake with a sandy streusel topping. It’s a holiday classic that can be enjoyed all year round!
This cake is infused with eggnog and topped with a crispy streusel crumble that adds a delightful texture.
It is perfect for brunch, breakfast, dessert, or with a nice cup of tea. Serve it with some fresh fruits, blueberries, or strawberries to balance out the sweetness.
HOW TO MAKE EGGNOG COFFEE CAKE:
Full printable recipe below
- To make the cake batter, add the vanilla extract, butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl and beat until they’re well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and mix until it’s creamy.
- Next up, add half the flour onto the batter and continue mixing. Then pour the eggnog and incorporate it to the mix.
- Add the remaining flour.
- Continue beating until the batter is shiny and velvety.
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Make the streusel topping and sprinkle over the cake
If you want a winter cake that captures the holiday spirit and aromatic flavor of eggnog all year round, then add this coffee cake to your list. You won’t regret it!
FOR THE COFFEE CAKE:
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cups sugar
- ⅓ Cup Brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 ¼ Cups Eggnog
- 3 ½ Cups Flour
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until incorporated. Add the eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add half the flour and mix, pour the eggnog and combine, and finish with the flour. Beat for 3 minutes until the batter is shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the streusel topping ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle over the coffee cake.
- Bake on the middle rack for 45 to 55 minutes, checking with a toothpick at 45 minutes and every 5 minutes after, until golden brown and cooked through.
This coffee cake is delicious as is! The eggnog already has a light spicy flavor so you don’t need to add any additional cinnamon or nutmeg to the mix.
For a little extra bedazzle, try mixing a little eggnog with some confections sugar and drizzle on top just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE BREAKFAST/BRUNCH IDEAS?
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!